Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's been a while since my last blog. Nothing really going on in our neck of the woods. We did get a membership to our neighborhood rec center and have been going there 5-6 days a week. It's only been 1 and 1/2 weeks since we signed up but it seems to be something Jake and I both enjoy so far. I am happy to be getting back on the eliptical and working out in the weight room. The only had part about getting there is the energy. I feel like I have no energy after work. Im going to have to go online to see if there's anything I can take before working out to give me a boost. I also feel so hungry I could eat a horse. I kindof wonder if thats all in my head since when I had gall stones and lost 20 lbs from not being able to eat anything until after the surgery.

We ended up calling our bird Moody Blues since she seemed to be moody all the time. We had no idea what gender the bird was so we just called it a "he". I didn't care what it was but Jake eventually gave in when we went to get her beak and nails trimmed and we sent in a card with a splotch of blood the bird guy obtained to a lab to test for the gender. I got more curious and couldn't wait for the email. We eventually got the email saying that our bird is female. It's been kinda a challenge to go from calling a "he" to a "she".
I have found that our bird and Jake have a lot in common:
-They like to snuggle
-They like singing soprano
-They have a tendancy to be in bad moods when they wake up
-They like having all the attention they can get
-Jake loves his back scratched/bird loves her neck rubbed
-They bite often

No comments:

Post a Comment