I've been in school for 2 weeks now. My teacher is awesome. She works at Skyridge Hospital and seems like a great teacher.
We've been going over infection control, basic hospital safety stuff, order of the draw (which color tube to draw in which order) and blood borne pathogens. Today we went over some basic testing like basic metabolic panel, lipid panel, liver panel. Its great reveiw!
We got to draw on each other today. I was the very first person to draw....Of course I was the one who shook the most...I was the laughing stock of the class because Im the already-certified phlebotomist right? :) LOL I did hit the vein so Im happy.
There are some classmates that make me nervous though.... We have a little fake arm that we practice drawing on and some people just dont have a good needle stick yet. Some make the needle bow so much that I'm afraid that the needle will break...yeesh! We have to draw on each other and after the first day we started practicing, I've already picked out who to NOT let draw on me. LOL I know we all have to learn some time but I'd rather have them practice more before they start drawing on people.
I am really greatful for people who let students draw on them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment